The 34th Annual Miners Memorial

The 34th Annual Miners Memorial

Although decades have passed since the mines closed in Cumberland, memories of mining and the significant loss of life underground remain an important part of the Village’s history. For 34 years the Cumberland Museum and Archives has presented Miners Memorial, an annual commemoration of workers, highlighting labour and working history.
read more
Lourdes’s Story

Lourdes’s Story

I first met Lourdes Gant in one of my DreamBuilder workshops in Comox. I wasn’t aware that I was in the presence of an extremely accomplished young woman with an outstanding success history and a number of business awards.
read more
Cumberlanders Take Action on Accessibility

Cumberlanders Take Action on Accessibility

Cumberland celebrated Access Awareness Day on Saturday, June 1st. Access Awareness Day is a campaign of the Social Planning and Research Council of British Columbia (SPARC BC) to respond creatively and purposefully in building a society where barriers to inclusion are removed, and to ensure the independence, self-esteem, dignity, and security of all citizens.
read more
Keep The Momentum Going With Commuter Challenge June 2-8

Keep The Momentum Going With Commuter Challenge June 2-8

Cumberland celebrated Access Awareness Day on Saturday, June 1st. Access Awareness Day is a campaign of the Social Planning and Research Council of British Columbia (SPARC BC) to respond creatively and purposefully in building a society where barriers to inclusion are removed, and to ensure the independence, self-esteem, dignity, and security of all citizens.
read more
No. 1 Japanese Town Interpretive Walking Trail Unveiling Ceremony

No. 1 Japanese Town Interpretive Walking Trail Unveiling Ceremony

Bike to Work Week is wrapping up and the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) is encouraging everyone to keep the momentum going June 2nd to the 8th. The Commuter Challenge is a one-week event that promotes commuting to work by walking, cycling, taking transit, carpooling, telecommuting, or even paddling for at least one day of your weekly commute.
read more