LUSH Valley’s ‘Harvest Box’ is a fruit and vegetable box focussed on seasonal and local produce grown entirely within the Comox Valley. (It is similar to a CSA or ‘Community Supported Agriculture’ program.)
Vegetables for the box will be sourced from a variety of farms to ensure a consistent supply and diversity of products. Though the contents of each box will change as different produce comes available, you can expect the box to contain a healthy mix of kitchen staples and unique local offerings. When available, premium tree fruits from LUSH Valley’s Fruit Tree Program will be included.
- Each week’s Harvest Box cost $50 (plus the Eventbrite fee) and will consist of at least two brown paper grocery bags filled with locally grown food.
- The program will run for six consecutive weeks, starting Wed., Aug. 19 and ending Sept. 23.
There is a limit of 30 boxes each week.
- Customers must pre-order their Harvest Box online by 4:00 p.m. the preceding Monday, for pick up each Wednesday. (The earlier you order, the better!)
- Buy one or all six weeks’ worth of local produce – the choice is yours!
- Your Eventbrite ticket/receipt is your proof of purchase. Please print and bring it to our temporary warehouse, which is in the Curling Rink (at the CV Exhibition Grounds), 4835 Headquarters Road, Courtenay. Please use the entrance on the left side of the building, not the main entrance.
- Pick up Wednesdays from noon until 4:00 p.m. (Delivery is not available.)
- When picking up your Harvest Box, please adhere to COVID-19 social distancing protocols.
Net profits from the Harvest Box Program will support LUSH Valley’s work in our community.
Enjoy your Harvest Box!