We welcome anyone living or working in the Comox Valley that has an interest in improving community health to join us. Volunteers can expect to attend monthly meetings, additional quarterly trainings and/or events. A minimum of 3-4 hours per month of your time is required. Terms run for one or two years beginning in January 2020. The application period ends Friday, October 18th at noon.
The Coordinating Circle is intended to:
- Serve as a steering group to provide leadership in support of the work and priorities of the Comox Valley Community Health Network (the Network);
- Provide accountability for network priorities and funding agreements;
- Promote community engagement in the Network and ensure feedback is collected from network participants and community members;
- Act as the coordinating group for the Network to support the work of Action Teams and collaborate with community partner organizations;
- Maintain network values and guiding principles, including working together collaboratively to ensure progress on identified network priorities and agreed upon actions; and
- Look at evidence, facilitate network planning and seek resources as needed.
Members of our network will review potential Coordinating Circle applications. Decisions will be made based on creating a diverse Coordinating Circle of people with varied identities, lived experiences and perspectives; varied experience/interest in a population (e.g. children, youth, seniors); understanding of and interest in varied determinants of health and from varied geographic communities in the Comox Valley.
We will be recruiting up to 5 new members who will serve one- or two-year terms.
All applicants will be contacted to arrange a group conversation in November about your interest in participating on the Coordinating Circle, your passions, abilities and willingness to support/steward the network.
If you are not chosen to be on the Coordinating Circle you will be encouraged to join a network Action Team or assist the network in some other way.
Visit our website and apply online here
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form
Call us at 250-650-5819