You are invited to drop by and participate in a wide range of activities that are part of Creative Research: A Day of Making on Friday, May 31st.
Events take place at two sites:
Comox Valley Art Gallery, 580 Duncan Avenue – 10AM – 5PM
Spaces VR (virtual reality lounge), 468 29 Street – 2PM – 8PM
This full day of artist and community interaction is a partnership between CVAG / Spaces VR / School District 71 NIDES Enter and E-2 Program.
All-day community engagement activities include hands-on opportunities with 3D printing, robotics, clay-based make art workshops, virtual reality creative projects, artists talks and a public reception.
- 10AM to 5PM at CVAG 580 Duncan Avenue – hands-on community engagement on the plaza and in GATHER:PLACE
– Vex Iq Robotics + 3D Printing experiments facilitated by students + teachers (Roger Vernon / Brad Douglas) from the School District 71 NIDES Enter 1 + E-2 programs
– Water Effect 2019 Make Art Project facilitated by artist Rachel Grenon – hand-build molded porcelain boats
– Tiny Houses Make Art Project facilitated by artist D Gillian Turner – hand-make paper clay objects
- 2PM to 8PM at Spaces VR (virtual reality lounge) 468 29 Street, Courtenay – located at the southwest corner of Cliff + 29th Street
– Community Drop-in interactive virtual reality experiences of projects created by artists involved in the Spaces VR sponsored creative residency
– Angela Bedard / Bran Mackie/ Cassidy Gehmlich / Clive Powsey / Emma Heitzmann
- 5PM at Spaces VR
– Public Reception, hospitality and to hear what the artists have to say about their experience of creating with VR software programs
All of the day’s events are free and open to all ages. Donations are gratefully accepted to support the presentation of this program and the associated costs of materials and processes.
For details visit www.
PS: Two Kids Summer Camps will be facilitated at CVAG this summer:
Vex Iq Robotics facilitated by Roger Vernon / July 8 – 12 9am – 3pm / ages 9 – 13 years
Wild[er] Spaces facilitated by Kathleen Radford / July 15 – 19 9am – 3pm / ages 6- 11 years
Meet Roger and Kathleen on Friday May 31 at during the drop-in event at CVAG // Register for the camps at the CVAG HUB / SHOP:MADE or ONLINE
We look forward to sharing this day of hands-on activities with the community.