Documentary series features Grammy-nominated artists, child soldier
Dream, the new documentary from the award-winning film production studio Unveil Studios, will be screening in Courtenay next month.
Date: June 21, 2019 Time: 6:30 p.m. Location: Stan Hagen Theatre – North Island College
Dream is about the power of dreams and how a purposeful dream can change the world. It also explores what happens when people lose their way so that their dream becomes a nightmare. The documentary follows nine inspiring stories of children, women and men from around the world.
Subjects of the film include:
- Vancouver Island’s Phil Comparelli – Former Lead Guitarist, 54/40
- Bryan and Katie Torwalt – Grammy-nominated recording artists
- Robb Nash – a musician who has helped save more than 800 teens from suicide
- Paul Yin – Grief Counsellor to the families of the missing MH370 aircraft
- Monybany Dau – Former child soldier from Sudan
- Brittni De La Mora – Former Top 12 Adult Film Star
- Milka – a young woman from Tanzania who dreams of becoming a doctor
- Elijah – a 10-year-old Canadian who’s sewing hobby is helping to fund Milka’s dream
Filmed in locations as diverse as a small village in Tanzania, the lush Comox Valley, and the dangerous streets of the red light district in Mexico City, Dream asks the question: if anything were possible, what dream would you build your life on?
The film is directed by Canadian filmmakers Matthew Kooman and Daniel Kooman, who lives on Vancouver Island. Audience members will be challenged and inspired by the screening. They will also have the opportunity to support the dream of Milka, one of the film’s subjects, to become a doctor, through the purchase of a handmade Dream Elephant.
Tickets and VIP Passes can be booked via www.unveilstudios.tickit.ca
- There will be a talk back panel with directors Matthew and Daniel Kooman after the screening
- View the press kit, including production stills and video: www.unveilstudios.com/dream
About Unveil Studios: Unveil Studios produces original stories that impact audiences. It is owned and operated by Kooman brothers Matthew, Andrew, and Daniel. Unveil Studios’ films include the documentary series Dream, She Has A Name which is available on Amazon Prime; E for Everyone: The Mouse and the Elephant; The Ladder of My Life; The Story; and A Filmmaker’s Search for Revival. Learn more about Unveil Studios at http://unveilstudios.com/.