Join LUSH Valley Food Society as we host Chef Gaetane Palardy to offer the one-day certification course for FOODSAFE Level 1. Following the successful completion of the class, and a passing grade on the written exam, participants will receive a certificate attesting to their successful completion of the program.
Who should take FOODSAFE?
- High school students looking to open doors in the food services industry and land summer jobs
- Community volunteers assisting with food preparation or special events
- Anyone who prepares food for friends and family
- Food Industry workers – not just kitchen staff!
- Residential home care and health care assistants.
The FOODSAFE certificate program is a comprehensive food-safety training program for the food industry. An initiative of the Province of British Columbia, FOODSAFE is managed by the BC FOODSAFE Secretariat in partnership with the BC Centre for Disease Control, regional health authorities, BC Restaurant and Food Services Association, and WorkSafe BC.
About this class/location:
- Coffee and tea will be provided.
- Please bring a bag lunch and snacks.
- The test is available in English and French or 10 other languages. Please advise in advance.
- Free parking is available in the old Thrifty Foods parking lot.
WHAT TO BRING: Notebook and pen, coffee cup and refillable water bottle.
INSTRUCTOR: Chef Gaetane Palardy
You may pay via credit card on Eventbrite or you can via interact e-transfer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: A limited number of bursaries are available to those in need. Please email email@example.com to apply for the bursary.
Refunds are available up to 24-hours prior to the class and will be subject to a$7.50 administration fee.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 250-331-0152.